[SOLVED] Date field issue after CB update

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 1 month ago #290378 by scubabyss
Hello

I have two sites using same Joomla version, same major components, same template and same hosting company.

After update from CB 2.0.15 to CB 2.1.0 or 2.1.1 date fields on one of the two sites are not anymore working.

When creating a new user I do not have any mean to enter a date : No popup, no list whatsoever and if I enter manually a date (I tried all format from YYYY-mm-dd to dd/mm/YYYY) nothing is stored. The field remains empty.

I understand this might not be a bug from CB but a conflict with another ????

For the time being I have downgraded CB to 2.0.15 and deleted the new field 43 Alias that prevents downgraded CB to work.

Can anyone give me a clue to determine were the problem could be.

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #290406 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Date field issue after CB update
Sounds like you've fatal JS errors breaking the datetime selector. Install latest CB, clear Joomla cache, and if you've any JS compression extensions turn those off. Next check if issue persists. If it does press F12 to open the browser developer console and see if any errors under the Console tab (they'll be in red) after refreshing profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scubabyss

7 years 2 months ago #290503 by scubabyss
Replied by scubabyss on topic Date field issue after CB update
I have clone the site to make tests.
Trouble occurs from 2.0.15+build.2016.11.03.00.45.10.c035f7c8e
All caches are cleared. I have even deleted the contents of the cache directories, both site and admin by FTP.
The is no error when I modify dates for existing users.
As soon as I create a new user with CB I have error messages in the development console of Chrome.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=new&cbprevstate=b3B0aW9uPWNvbV9jb21wcm9maWxlciZ2aWV3PXNob3d1c…:412 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null

File Attachment:

File Name: Error.txt
File Size:2 KB

There is jquery conflict and the worse is that I have a second site using same components, version etc on same hosting company that works fi,ne with lattest CB 2.1.2
Attachments:

7 years 2 months ago #290517 by scubabyss
Replied by scubabyss on topic Date field issue after CB update <Closed>
Subject is closed.

I found were the conflict was. Apparently it is a conflict with CBprivacy 4.0.2 that is obsolete.

7 years 2 months ago #290569 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Date field issue after CB update <Closed>
Latest CB dropped the multiselect jQuery plugin that displayed a dropdown with checkboxes. It caused massive page performance drops so it was replaced. CB Privacy privacy selector is just a Tags usage now as it should've been, but it had a bug in its jQuery where it was trying to grab the privacy value from the old multiselect usage. This is fixed in 4.0.3 so only way to solve is to update, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scubabyss

7 years 2 months ago #290575 by scubabyss
Replied by scubabyss on topic Date field issue after CB update <Closed>
For the time being I have just removed CB Privacy. I unfortunately have to purchase it and the price is very high for non-profit organisation. I understand this is you pricing policy and that it is already very nice to have CB core free of charge.
At least I know, now, the origine of the trouble and our association has to decide.

Thanks again

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn