CB Star Rating functionality question

7 years 1 month ago #291821 by maestroc
CB Star Rating functionality question was created by maestroc
We have a website where visitors can search for and find life coaches that can help them in specific areas of personal improvement. We need the existing star rating functionality (done in Community Builder on Joomla) adjusted in some specific ways. Is this going to have to be a custom plugin or does anyone know of a way to do these things either with an existing plugin or even a different component while still showing the star ratings in the CB User Lists? We need the ratings customized to provide the following additional functions:

1) A coach should be able to send a link to one of their clients and ask them to submit a star rating for the services they have provided.
1a) The client should ONLY be able to rate the coach they have worked with. Right now once logged in anyone can rate any coach they want, even if they have not worked with them.
2) The client can use that link to rate their coach one time only.

Anyone know of how we could do this easily?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #291877 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Star Rating functionality question
We have nothing that can provide that. Closest it gets is CB ProfileBook as it comes with a rating field (that can be displayed on a userlist), but there's no checks to limit who can post on their profilebook. Best I can suggest is use CB Privacy to limit access to the profilebook tab to connections only then have your users connect with the trainers, but then other users can't even see the reviews (should still be able to see the rating though). You may want to look into a review type extension for Joomla that can better provide that functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn