[#6527] User email not Dutch, though dutch plugin is installed

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #291837 by jjsjjs
Hello,

i'm curious why 2 emails received by users are in english and the emails received by admin are dutch.
2 Emails are still in english:
1st is with "New User Details" in the subject.
2nd is with "Your sign up request has been rejected!"

Latest dutch language plug-in is installed.

Where can i find the files containing this text/emails ?

*edit* found some but not all.
It seems that these are not working:

YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_MESSAGE
and a which i can't find Rejection email

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
jjs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #291878 by krileon
The language used is whatever the users language is set to. If they're not registered then this defaults to whatever the sites default language is set to. Your issue could also be due to incomplete language plugin. You can use the language override functionality below to try adding your own override for those strings as needed.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #291879 by jjsjjs
Thank you for you reply !

I have seen these links you provided thanks.
The default language for the site frontend is Dutch.
This is a test user i'm testing with now and the language for it is auto-set on default.
I do not see any option to set a default language for new registrations in CB.

So i guess that it uses Dutch.
I also checked all overrides in the dutch language plugin for CB, searched for REG and REGISTRATION and REJECTED and even changed some myself. I see there are dutch overrides and also the ones from the dutch translation plugin.
like: 'LOGIN_REJECTED' => 'Uw verzoek voor registratie werd geweigerd!
But it's not sending out the Rejection email in Dutch.

A new registration can't set a language so the outputted text in the email should be dutch, but it isn't.

Thanks.

***edit***
I did some extra tests.
It is working when users are allowed to change their CMS settings and change the language to Dutch.
It's is NOT working when users are not allowed to change the CMS settings and the language should use the set site frontend default language.
So my guess is that it is a bug.

Can you confirm?

Thanks a lot!

7 years 1 month ago #291935 by krileon
Add an override to the default language plugin for that string and see if your override functions. That'll let you know if the default language plugin is being loaded resulting in English language strings. Yes, this could mean a bug; probably a missing language load call.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #291942 by jjsjjs
Yes i can confirm.

When frontend default language is set to Dutch
When CMS settings for user can not be changed
When User language is also default
Then the emails for New User Details and Rejection emails are send in English

So is this enough. or do i have to file a bug report?

Thanks!

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #291979 by krileon
Have added a bug ticket to investigate further. Looks like when user language isn't available it's falling back to default instead of site language.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6527

This likely will only affect registration so for the time being add your language translations for those strings to the Default language plugin in CB using the overrides functionality to workaround the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn