[SOLVED] Problem with CB User Management/Edit User

7 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 9 months ago #292638 by cpm
I am using Joomla 3.6.5 and CB 2.1.2
Everything works fine from the front end and as far as I can see comprofiler and users tables are fine and user profiles are correctly displayed in the front end.

However from the admin site cb/manage users displays correctly but clicking on a user opens the edit screen but the data is a mixture of records from 2 or more users. This seems to indicate that the indexes have got screwed up, but why are user profiles on the front end working properly.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the CB components and also run an sql query to select all fields from both tables linking users.id to comprofiler.user_id and everything looks fine. users.id, comprofiler.id and comprofiler.user_id are the same and the data is consistent.

Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas how to fix it.

Regards
Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 weeks ago #292648 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with CB User Management/Edit User
_comprofiler user_id and id columns should be the same value, which should be the value of the id column in _users. If any of those got messed up then somehow users were created incorrectly in your database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #292650 by cpm
Thanks Krileon. I've checked these fields and all seems OK. Any other suggestions?

7 years 3 weeks ago #292669 by krileon
If they're all ok then there's nothing more to worry about until it happens again then you'll need to attempt to track down what's doing it. I've nothing to suggest as to what could be doing it as CB registration is tested working fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 weeks ago #292670 by cpm
Thanks Krileon. My last message was a bit misleading, I meant I had checked the indexes in the users and comprofiler tables. The problem with the edit user screen continued. However following a test on another machine it seems it is browser related. I only get the problem with Chrome, it is fine with Safari and Firefox. I deleted Chrome and all i ts app support files and reinstalled and the problem went away for about an hour then came back. Safari and FF are still fine. Weird, I know!

I'll use FF when necessary and stop worrying about it.

7 years 3 weeks ago #292679 by krileon
If it's only happening in Chrome then it sounds like browser auto complete. Is it just the username being change? or other form data? If you've something like LastPass it can save entire forms worth of data and auto complete them. You may want to adjust your auto complete settings as necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn