Canvas and portrait

6 years 11 months ago #293251 by staal
Canvas and portrait was created by staal
Hello, I am quite new and not a programmer. So I am not handy with code and css issues. So I will try to make it simple as I am as user.
I am trying to setuo CB and have two questions:
1) can the canvas image be resized and/or disabled?
2) can the portrait image be overlaid on the canvas so that the canvas remains in background (a picture in picture style just like Facebook)

Thank you
William

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293258 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Canvas and portrait

1) can the canvas image be resized?

Not easily, no. Eventually we'll have a parameter to specify custom canvas height, but for now it's locked at 200px. It can be changed using CSS though.

1) can the canvas image be disabled?

Yes, don't use the canvas layout by moving tabs around as needed and unpublishing the canvas tab.

2) can the portrait image be overlaid on the canvas so that the canvas remains in background (a picture in picture style just like Facebook)

It already does this. See our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan

It can be moved around using CSS if you want it further inside of the canvas.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293269 by staal
Replied by staal on topic Canvas and portrait
Thank you for assisting.
Now, I have trouble again. I cannot setup the tabs to have the profile appaer as the one at demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan.

I cannot understand which combination of "position" and "display type" to apply to the portrait and to the canvas.

Can you assist?

Thanks

Paolo

6 years 11 months ago #293274 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Canvas and portrait

staal wrote: Thank you for assisting.
Now, I have trouble again. I cannot setup the tabs to have the profile appaer as the one at demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan.

I cannot understand which combination of "position" and "display type" to apply to the portrait and to the canvas.

Can you assist?

Thanks

Paolo

Please download and study the CB Primer Book.

6 years 11 months ago #293282 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Canvas and portrait
There's nothing to setup as that's the default. You can force the canvas layout as well by running the Canvas Layout tool within CB > Tools and it'll move all your tabs around for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn