How open CB Login Module in a specific template?

6 years 11 months ago #293297 by Virtuox
Hello guys, I hope you are well!

I am trying open CB login module in a speciftc template, but it only open in the default template. I can not find into the module any fielt to add "ItemId". So I try too add this specific template for Menu Community Builder > CB Login Menu, to know if the module open in this way. but can not reach success!

Can you say me please if is possible open CB login module in a specific template instead default template?

I ll be very grateful for your reply
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293308 by krileon
Template display is based off menu assignment. So you'd need to assign your template to a menu item then assign your login module to that menu item as well. If you want a specific template for the login page you'd just create a Joomla menu item to CBs login page then assign your template to it. Review Joomla documentation for further details as template assignment has nothing specific to do with CB.

docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Switching_templates#Assigning_more_than_one_template_for_the_Front-end

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293314 by Virtuox

krileon wrote: Template display is based off menu assignment. So you'd need to assign your template to a menu item then assign your login module to that menu item as well. If you want a specific template for the login page you'd just create a Joomla menu item to CBs login page then assign your template to it. Review Joomla documentation for further details as template assignment has nothing specific to do with CB.

docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Switching_templates#Assigning_more_than_one_template_for_the_Front-end

Thanks so much for your reply and instructions Krileon.

I follow this link and something was strange to me. My assigment has NO this option that tutorial say : ALL MODULES. It would be great can assign a template a any module. But in assigments templates only display my menu itens. NOTE: I do not open the default template like the tutorial say, I try all templates, any have assign to mudules, only to my menu itens!

Ok So, another way! I create a item menu in "main menu" and assign my specific template to it. It work very well. But the CB Login module open yet in the default template? Why?

NOTE ) This module CB login I am trying open is in this situation: I create a item menu to user send pictures, this item menu is restrited to registred users. Have in the home page a public link to go to this item menu, when guests click int this link, joomla redirectect to login page with this module CB with a default template, has a title module , I create this module! so i know that is a module. Why in the item menu this modulo open in a template assigmented and in this situation do not open in that correct?

I do all I can do, dont know more What to do. Perfect would be that option to assign tamplate in ALL modules appear to me!

You have some comments about it please?

Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #293340 by krileon
Turn off SEF, check the Itemid in the URL it's redirecting you to, find the Joomla menu item associated with that Itemid, and then assign your template to it as needed. If it has no Itemid then you probably don't have a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs login page and won't be able to assign a template to it. Aside from that I can't really help you as your issue doesn't have anything to do with CB and is just how Joomla does template assignment. Review Joomla documentation carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293349 by Virtuox

krileon wrote: Turn off SEF, check the Itemid in the URL it's redirecting you to, find the Joomla menu item associated with that Itemid, and then assign your template to it as needed. If it has no Itemid then you probably don't have a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs login page and won't be able to assign a template to it. Aside from that I can't really help you as your issue doesn't have anything to do with CB and is just how Joomla does template assignment. Review Joomla documentation carefully.

Thanks for reply Krileon,

I really like and work with the joomla system redirection and itemid, and it work great, beatitful and strong smart! But I have seen that CB Walk away from it. Please, I want you please tell if CB developer it need to be fix, it is really a weak point for this incredible extension. It is a BUG. sure!
Joomla work great and I always user Itemid and redirection in another extension and in joomla perfect.

It is the first time I have problem with uncontrolled modules and menu item, becouse all modules come with field Itemid.

Joomla work great with redirection guests to login page when they want go to registed area. CB work really bad and rude in this point! a lot of Error page with mensage with big disgosting red div. it is really bad. I think the way is work like joomla and it will be great. I really like CB.

Please I just want into something to help it tu turn a litlle more beutiful how joomla is. Please tell for CB developer It need to be fix.

I desable SEF and it dont say nothing to the URL login CB module.

I create a Item menu > menu type > CB > CB Login > and assign the specific template to it, but not work for redirection guests! CB login module open wrong! Only the own item menu CB login open correct, If you click in the own menu.

In this moment my URL for this error page is mysite.com/index.php/component/comprofiler/login > this item menu do not exist to me assign any template to it. Please I hope you can help it work nice. Where I can find in this URL a menu to add a template or Itemid?

See you!

Regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn