CB lists and profiles in multilingual site

6 years 8 months ago #295444 by mk3
Hi there!

I would like to know how is better to do.

If I have some userlists like this one repetitor-city.ru/repetitor/maths and I want an english version repetitor-city.ru/en/repetitor/maths , but with it's own english users without russian ones, so that these lists are same on english and russian sites (only translated), but russian lists and user profiles remain on russian version, english ones on english version - how would I do that? ()

I have two choices:
1. I can duplicate my entire site to the "/en/" folder, so that I will have two competely separated sites for each language, but both on same domain.
2. I'm listening to your advice, as I don't know if it's possible to do that by using standart multilangge features....

What can you tell me about this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #295457 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB lists and profiles in multilingual site
CB doesn't have a field for determining what language a user is. Joomla also stores the users language in a JSON encoded params column. So it'll be difficult to filter for that in your userlist without creating a new select field or something of the sort for them to select their language. Next create two userlists and two Joomla menu items then assign the language to the menu items as per Joomla multilingual usage. See the below regarding multilingual support in Joomla (it is mostly done just assigning language to menu items).

docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Setup_a_Multilingual_Site

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #295469 by mk3
Alright, so what you tell is in place of duplicating the "physical" site. So that registered users with different languages, remain separated. Good information.
And what if I want to have those users (with profiles in different languages) mixed alltogether in each user list? In this case I only need to create 2 menu items (for each language) and only 1 user lists, that I'll use in both menu items, right?

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #295500 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB lists and profiles in multilingual site

And what if I want to have those users (with profiles in different languages) mixed alltogether in each user list? In this case I only need to create 2 menu items (for each language) and only 1 user lists, that I'll use in both menu items, right?

Your userlist is only language specific due to the filter added to it to check their language field (that you'll need to create). If you want them mixed you'd simply have a userlist that doesn't filter that field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #295551 by mk3
Thank you, nice suggestion!

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #295612 by mk3
And just two more questions:

1) How do I assign cb-registration page to multilanguage menu?
Is it the same procedure - I need to duplicate cb-registration menu item and assign each duplicated item to each language menu?
(I've tried to use menu item aliases, but for multilanguage they do not provide the tab "Associations", so I think it's a bad choice.)
Or maybe it would be possible to make it visible in the menus by making the field language = ALL ?

2) How to make multilingual CB Login module: duplicate it for each language or maybe I shouldn't duplicate it and use language override strings (for the title of this module) (or something like that)?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn