User's data being overwritten by another user's data...

6 years 8 months ago #295767 by moonlit-media
On occassion, a user's firstname and lastname are being overwritten by another user's firstname and lastname (without someone actually doing this).

Any idea of what might be going on here?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #295783 by krileon
That's not possible. Most likely you or another moderator is editing a user and a browser extension with auto fill is filling out those fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #295790 by moonlit-media
Hmmm. I'm not sure about this. I've actually witnessed it happening, and the firstname and lastname fields are accurate. IF I go to change something else (let's say mailing address), and then "save" - it is AFTER the save that suddenly a different firstname and lastname has propagated on the screen (that were not there prior to hitting "save"), AND if you check the DB at this point, the wrong firstname and lastname are already saved. So, even though the firstname and lastname are not there when you click "save", it is being pulled from somewhere, saved to the DB, and pulled up on the screen once it reloads after the save.

But, assuming what you're saying is true - and, being that users can edit their own profile on our website (which is where this is most commonly occurring), how do I prevent over 2000 users from using a browser plugin that has autocomplete? And why isn't nearly every website with CB on it experiencing the same issue?

6 years 8 months ago #295807 by krileon
More than likely you've a Joomla extension installed that's acting on the before or after Joomla user update event and modifying the user data. The alternative is you've a CB plugin installed doing it. Disable non-core Joomla user and system plugins 1 by 1 until the issue goes away. If it doesn't then repeat with non-core CB plugins.

But, assuming what you're saying is true - and, being that users can edit their own profile on our website (which is where this is most commonly occurring), how do I prevent over 2000 users from using a browser plugin that has autocomplete? And why isn't nearly every website with CB on it experiencing the same issue?

Your issue does not sound like a simple case of autocomplete, which you can't really avoid as auto fill extensions like LastPass don't care about autocomplete="off". Your issue sounds like something installed or configured is deliberately doing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn