Problems creating users or changing User Profiles

6 years 8 months ago #295925 by RedFez
Hi everyone,

I am noticing that when I try to create a new user profile on my site, or make a change to an existing profile, the process times out. The user does actually get created or the change is actually made, but obviously the user can't tell that as it appears to get stuck on the screen. Anyone know what might be the cause?

At the moment it is a site in development and is hosted on my own server, which isn't the fastest thing in the world, but it's the only process that seems to have an issue - everything else seems fine.

If you want to try it the site is wackydogooda.ml

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #295931 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry to see if any errors output. If nothing outputs check server error log for errors. Probably something acting on Joomla or CB user create erroring.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #295963 by RedFez
Thanks Krileon.

I've tried what you suggested but can't seem to find any errors logged.

It does seem to have been an issue since I tried to link a Fabrik form to the Joomla user table, using the juser plugin. I've since disabled that but no improvement.

6 years 8 months ago #295998 by krileon
Check within Extensions > Plugins for any 3rd party system or user plugins then disable them and see if that clears up your issue. You can retry the same for 3rd party CB plugins within CB > Plugin Management to see if it's a plugin doing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn