Error opening user data in administration

6 years 7 months ago #296125 by ruraldev
Replied by ruraldev on topic Error opening user data in administration
If i try to reinstall I get an error, is it OK to just overwrite the files by extracting on my PC and then ftp to the server?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #296133 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error opening user data in administration
No, overriding files does not install the database. You need to address why you're getting an error on install. Disable CB entirely within Extensions > Manage so it'll stop loading. Next install latest CB then enable CB again. That should avoid mismatched files loading and causing install problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #296135 by ruraldev
Replied by ruraldev on topic Error opening user data in administration
I still get an error when I try to install CB, the only thing that happens is the CB Library changes to enabled

It's strange as it doesn't seem to affect other installs or updates just CB

6 years 7 months ago #296137 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error opening user data in administration
I've no idea then. Make a backup then uninstall CB then install the latest build. CB does not delete its database on uninstall so you should not lose anything by doing this, but make a backup to be safe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #296551 by Zoe_Furrer
Replied by Zoe_Furrer on topic Error opening user data in administration
Hi--

I have the same error. Cannot edit user in CB at backend and cannot edit user profiles by registered users or admins in Frontend. I have the same error message. I have done an automatically update (as first step- but i'm not shure if i had reinstall CB there or not) at this website and on a subdomain, I tried to install CB new, but server errors there and not possible to reinstall. At first website, i work with kunena forum. At second website i haven't install kunena. There must be an error in server configuration, because it doesn't work on both sites (?)

Does the latest CB Version require a PHP- Version? It's written, that it work with Joomla 3 but nothing about PHP...?

My report in Detail; all seems to be ok: www.joomlaportal.de/joomla-3-x-erweiterungen-komponenten/329384-community-builder-kunena-forum-fehlermeldung-1054-unknown-column-t-ordering_edi.html

Greetings; Zoe

Solution; it seems, that with help from automatically joomla aktualisation-updater, CB has not install all Plugins... or was it the CB System Plugin; rewrite URL wasn't enable (?)- so i reinstall the hole package with joomla- installar and- it works fine :) *freu*-- the error on the subdomain i haven't find until yet, but it's only a test-site :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn