[SOLVED] User profile info gets changed

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296204 by wallytbull
[SOLVED] User profile info gets changed was created by wallytbull
Using: CB 2.1.3+build.2017.08.04.20.29.10.c3a06d5a1 and
Subs 4.1.0+build.2017.08.03.17.28.44.142dfd725

When I open a CB user account from the back end that user's information is replaced with that of another user. The original user info is displayed for a second then other user info pops in. The new information is always for the same user.

I have run/passed all the Tools verifications.

This likely has something to do with caching even though Joomla caching is disabled. The user info that is written over the account profile being edited is the information of the _first_ user account opened for the day. That information will get written over every account that is opened after it. When left idle for a number of hours then the next account opened becomes the one to be written over the others.

Suggestions?

Wally

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296213 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User profile info gets changed
Topic moved as is not a CBSubs support topic. Please understand your subscription includes support for CBSubs only.

Regarding your issue what information is being replaced? All fields? Just name, username, email address? If it's just Joomla fields then it's probably a 3rd party Joomla system or user extension acting on the before or after Joomla user load events. Could also be a 3rd party CB plugin acting on CB user load triggers. Disable non-core Joomla user and system plugins 1 by 1 until issue goes away. If it doesn't repeat with non-core CB plugins. Aside from that I don't see how this is possible beyond browser autocomplete.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wallytbull

6 years 8 months ago #296225 by wallytbull
Replied by wallytbull on topic User profile info gets changed
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place but I thought it might have been a result of my recent update of CBSubs.

I appreciate your comments. They did enable me to find the problem which was a Chrome browser extension and resolve it.

Thank you for your excellent help.

Wally
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.930 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn