Editing file Field in profile

6 years 7 months ago #297097 by edebienne
Editing file Field in profile was created by edebienne
Hi,

After upgrading CB to the last version, I'm no more able to edit or visualisate the file of a file Field.
It's work on CB 2.1.2
It no more work on CB 2.1.3.
I've the following message "This functionality is currently disabled."
Maybe in the 2.1.3 version, i've to activate something special, but I didn't find.

Regards,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297105 by edebienne
Replied by edebienne on topic Editing file Field in profile
Hi,

I've made some deeper tests:
I restore a backup of my site, with CB 2.12
I can view in my profile the file of customized field (of file type).
I upgrade to the latest CB version : 2.13
I'm no more able to view the file: "This functionality is currently disabled."
I draw back CB to version 2.12
Same think: I'm no more able to see the file.
It looks like installing 2.13 version disabled the possibility to see the file.
I don't find how to reactivate it.

Regards

6 years 7 months ago #297137 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editing file Field in profile
Sounds like a permission problem either in CB or Joomla. Everything works fine in my tests and our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297149 by edebienne
Replied by edebienne on topic Editing file Field in profile
Thank you.
I've made some deeper investigations.
On my web site, it works with version 2.1.2+build.2017.01.28, and not with the next version 2.1.2+build.2017.02.05.
I didn't change anythings, just update CB.
If I reinstall older version, it works.
Do you have made any change?
Did you deactivate somethings by defaults or add some controls?
I use Free membership version for this site.

6 years 7 months ago #297180 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editing file Field in profile
The latest release is 2.1.3+build.2017.08.27.10.28.19.6800e52ca. Please update and see if issue persists. If it doesn't I don't know what to really advise as that's a permission error being thrown. I am unable to confirm locally or on our demo site. If you've plugins installed then try disabling them to see if they're conflicting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297376 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Editing file Field in profile
Hi,

Has there been any progress on this issue - I am experiencing the same thing.

When I go into CB User Management (as superuser), open a profile and click on a user-uploaded file field link (like a pdf file) I get "This functionality is currently disabled."

Everything worked ok before I updated to Community Builder 2.1.3+build.2017.09.13.16.14.19.ba9d1f686.

This is a serious problem for me.

I'm currently using Joomla! v3.7.5 (could the problem be with the latest version of Joomla! ?)

Thanks,

Philip.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn