CB don't send mail after admin register a new member

6 years 7 months ago #297209 by fonoko
Hi

Can some help here. I adds new members to CB backside (as administrator), but when I save the new member the CB doesn't send the member a mail mail with username and password. I have followed the manual, so what do I wrong?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297222 by krileon
Your mailer settings are probably wrong if it's not sending the Pending or Welcome emails. Check within Joomla global configuration to ensure you've configured the mailer settings correctly. You can test by sending a mass mailer email to your self (select the checkbox for your user) within CB > User Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297588 by fonoko
Hi!
I testet the send mail function in Joomla, and it works, but when I testet the send mail function I CB - unser management I didn't got any mail.
This tells me that the mail function is set up correct in Joomla, but it's some failure in CB?!

6 years 6 months ago #297626 by krileon
Are you using SMTP? Joomla will fallback to phpmail/sendmail if SMTP fails. CB won't. CB will correctly error. Try changing your mailer settings in Joomla to use phpmail or sendmail and retest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn