[#6797] Showing multiple lists

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297596 by Noia
[#6797] Showing multiple lists was created by Noia
Is there a way to show more than one list? I have two lists, one of the founders/leaders, and one of the members - and I'd like to show them in the same page, but in separate categories, so to speak.

So basically:

Headline:Leaders
[leader1] [leader2] [leader3]
[leader4]

Headline: Members
[member1] [member2] [member3]
[member4] [member5] [member6]
[member7] [member8]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #297628 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Showing multiple lists
Not without something like Components Anywhere or just using iframes to render the userlists inline.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297633 by Noia
Replied by Noia on topic Showing multiple lists
Components Anywhere fixed it for me - thanks for the tip.

6 years 6 months ago #297634 by Noia
And scratch that - Component Anywhere made it possible to combine the lists - but now the links to the profiles don't work - the links from the second list seem to be applied to the first list, so when I click the picture (not the name, the name link is fine) on Leads, it ends up on the user in Members. This doesn't happen when loading the list separately, obviously, so it seems the call through Component Anywhere is confusing Community Builder's link builder.

6 years 6 months ago #297636 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Showing multiple lists
Row links are Javascript based. That JS probably won't work with multiple display on same page. You can try turning that off under Parameters > Linking I suppose. Aside from that I don't know what to tell you as userlists are not designed to be used like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297647 by Noia
Fair enough - guess I'll put up a feature request to have a component made with a multilist. It would be really practical.
Alternatively have one list with all the users, but with categorization headlines based on a field.

So far only thing that's worked so far is turning it off altogether, although that sadly also turns off the link on the formatted name, which was still working properly.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn