Upgrade to 2.13 appears to corrupt admin backend

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298020 by bmowrey
System
php7
Joomla 3.8
iis
Non-current subscription

After installing the update to 2.13 today, my admin area whitescreened.
I went through all the normal backflips required to get it online, using a stock admin components folder and set about adding components back into it to see where it would tank. I was very surprised to see that when i added the CB folders back in, that is when it would fail. Errors reported only notices save for an error referencing the re-confirm email file.
Just to confirm that was the point of failure, i went ahead and reinstalled the 2.11 package, and the admin area again failed

It appeared fine using the previous version, though admittedly i hadnt completely recovered the site. I understand the support isnt extended beyond the subscription, but this appears to be something that you guys might want to be aware of.

**edit**
i can rem out the folder in administrator/modules/REM--CBadmin and the admin area functions once more

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #298021 by bmowrey
I should also add that this is on the joomla 3.8.1 rev

6 years 5 months ago #298030 by krileon
Don't see what this has to do with presales. Topic moved.

Upgraded from CB 2.11 or an earlier release? We've no known issues with Joomla 3.8 or 3.8.1. I see no issues in retesting install process on a clean install either. You likely have an out of date CB plugin installed probably causing issues is my best guess as our admin module loads plugins to allow for plugin menus to display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298035 by bmowrey
Hi Kyle- yes that was an update from 2.11. Ill give that a shot from a clean install.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn