use the joomla registration form instead of the CB module

6 years 6 months ago #298073 by manu4.0
the CB registration form can not assign a user to a joomla group at the registration stage so I would like to continue using the joomla form for user logging. it's possible? alternatively, is there a way to assign a user to a joomla group in the CB registration form?
thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298094 by krileon

the CB registration form can not assign a user to a joomla group at the registration stage

Yes, it can. It works same as Joomla. Adjust the registration usergroup within Users > Manage > Options > User Options with "New User Registration Group" parameter.

If you want more control like adding usergroups based off field values you'll need CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298097 by manu4.0
Thank you for responding quickly :) my english is bad, I think I was bad. I need the user to choose from a list to which group to register when completing registration forms. I found a plugin (usergrup detector) that adds this feature to the joomla registration form but does not work with CB.
So I would use the joomla registration form instead of the form cb. But I would still continue to use CB for all the other functions. It's possible?

6 years 6 months ago #298106 by krileon

I need the user to choose from a list to which group to register when completing registration forms.

You'll need CB Auto Actions for that.

I found a plugin (usergrup detector) that adds this feature to the joomla registration form but does not work with CB.

Of course not as it's a Joomla plugin and not a CB plugin.

So I would use the joomla registration form instead of the form cb.

You can't. Registering in Joomla doesn't create the user in CB. The two databases will constantly be out of sync.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: manu4.0

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn