Problem with First Name and Last Name storage in BD

6 years 3 months ago #299666 by pakordo
Hi,

When a user log in using ldap autentication plugin, cb stores the fields name and last name incorrectly.

For example, before log in, the data stored in bd is:

First Name: A
Last Name: B C

After log in, the fields changed to =>

First Name: A B
Last Name: C

Note: Name Style config is set to First and Last Name Fields

Any ideas?.
Thanks a lot.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #299672 by krileon
If middle name field is not in use it just adds it to the firstname field. I'm guessing your LDAP authentication plugin does the opposite and adds it to the last name field. Try setting name format to First, Middle, and Last or Single Name field and see if either works fine with LDAP.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #299674 by pakordo
Hi again,

In my country not use middle name, only First Name and Last Name. Can i disable the update field if user exist?.

Thanks!
Regards.

6 years 3 months ago #299709 by krileon
Suggest just using single name input then as CB treats a space as a separate name field. Have added a feature ticket to review adjusting the name split behavior, but unlikely to be implemented anytime soon.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6899

Can i disable the update field if user exist?.

Nope.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #299714 by pakordo
Thanks a lot.

I'll try made a plugin to capture triggers and avoid the data changes in this fields.
(get First Name and Last Name before Update and set this after Update)

Regards

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303821 by tribalion
Hi,

I have the same problem, if you use the Joomla LDAP plugin as me, you have only the field Map: Full Name.
I work in a institute with several nationalities and every kind of differents names and format, so how to have a rule that split the Full Name and work every times ?
In France we don't use the middle name, I think we could have a strict format for the firstname, and use the - character for composed firstname, eg: jean-marc, anna-maria (spanish) ans everything who come after could go into the lastname.
Pakordo did you find a solution ?

Best

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn