[SOLVED] Emails not being sent to members

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #300162 by smdawg
Several days ago we started seeing issues with emails being sent to our site users. Emails are not being sent on registration. When a user attempts the forgotten password functionality they get an error. We see the same error when we try the mass mailer functionality.

However, other emails to our users are being sent from our site successfully.

We are using the following:
Joomla 3.7.4
CB: 2.1.3

We have not made any configuration changes in CB. Here are our settings for registration.

And this is the error that we see on the mass mailing:

And this is the error from the forgot password functionality:

Again, other emails from Joomla system and other packages are being sent correctly, the only failures are from the CB package.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, not being able to sign-up new users and not having the forgot password functionality is really hurting our production site.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #300168 by smdawg
Replied by smdawg on topic Emails not being sent to members
When creating the topic, I did not have the full set of logs. and did not realize that this was another PHP Warning: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): Peer certificate did not match expected....

For anyone else who may not have all of the information or just want our high-level solution:

For us, it was a matter of tweaking the SMTP Host information (Global Configuration >> Server >> SMTP Host - under Mail Settings). I believe that this value is compared to the return information for the initial test call to the host, but I am not sure.

For us, once that was aligned, the registration emails, forgotten password and mass mailing emails were all being sent successfully from CB (and were still successful from Joomla, and our other extensions).

I was told that this warning is due to a change in to PHP 7.x crypto handling.

Please close this topic as the issue is resolved for us at this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn