Lost Password routine produces "Fout: SMTP connect() failed." error

6 years 1 week ago #303764 by Frank_Bertram
Dear All,
We are using CB (The Free edition) for a long time allready.
In particular the user profile is in use.
We have followed all the new releases and updates over the last years.

By the way, we use the user registration facility in the following way: Users get a username and password supplied from the webmaster and have to change the password on first entry. So new users never register by themselves from the frontend but are enterred by the webmaster using the backend of the website.

Also the password reset facility from the frontend is used very rarely.

Recently a user reported that the password reset facility from the frontend was no longer working.
I had a look and found that the CBReCaptcha plugin was showing an error-message stating that Recaptcha should be updated to version 2.0.
As an aside we are using Google ReCaptcha 2.0 in other places with no problem.

I unpublised the CBReCaptcha plugin and tested again and then got the "Fout: SMTP connect() failed." error.

I thouht it could be a solution to see if I could reinstall the CBLogin module and looked at the JoomlaPolis website.
There I found that there was a completely new CB Antispam module, but this is part of the paid modules.

Is there anything I can do to fix this minor (to us) problem without paying the full subscription fee.
Best Regards
Frank P.Bertram
Webmaster Buurtvereniging de Molenakkers
Dreef 57
5521GP Eersel
Tel : 0497-515 340
Mobiel : 06-19609575 <-- Let op Nieuw Nummer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 week ago #303773 by nant

Frank_Bertram wrote: Dear All,
We are using CB (The Free edition) for a long time allready.
In particular the user profile is in use.
We have followed all the new releases and updates over the last years.

Welcome to our forums - glad to read that you have been using CB for a long time!
I see you have a profile here for over 6 years!

Wow - thats a long time!

By the way, we use the user registration facility in the following way: Users get a username and password supplied from the webmaster and have to change the password on first entry. So new users never register by themselves from the frontend but are enterred by the webmaster using the backend of the website.

Also the password reset facility from the frontend is used very rarely.

Recently a user reported that the password reset facility from the frontend was no longer working.
I had a look and found that the CBReCaptcha plugin was showing an error-message stating that Recaptcha should be updated to version 2.0.
As an aside we are using Google ReCaptcha 2.0 in other places with no problem.

I unpublised the CBReCaptcha plugin and tested again and then got the "Fout: SMTP connect() failed." error.

I thouht it could be a solution to see if I could reinstall the CBLogin module and looked at the JoomlaPolis website.
There I found that there was a completely new CB Antispam module, but this is part of the paid modules.

Yes, our CB Captcha addon has been replaced 2 years ago with the CB Antispam addon.

Both have always been paid add-ons.

Is there anything I can do to fix this minor (to us) problem without paying the full subscription fee.

We are not the developers of CBReCaptcha plugin, so there is not much we can propose.
You might try to contact the developer (if they are still active) and see if they have a fix for you.

Unfortunately, as Joomla releases progress more and more add-ons are rendered incompatible and need changes to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, Frank_Bertram

6 years 1 week ago #303776 by Frank_Bertram
Ok Nick,
Thanks very much for your message.
I already took the lost password message out.
As far as I can see all the rest of the CB functionality on our website is fully operational.
So for the time being I will leave things as they are.

Thanks again
Best Regards.

6 years 6 days ago #303819 by nant

Frank_Bertram wrote: As far as I can see all the rest of the CB functionality on our website is fully operational.

Yes, CB constantly follows Joomla progress and releases new builds to be fully compatible.

... thanks to paid subscribers and donations that help keep the team active.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn