label Field conditions and terms

5 years 11 months ago #303939 by Five_phil
label Field conditions and terms was created by Five_phil
Hello,

By default the label of the check box and "Accept"
For the RGPD, I will use the same type of field. Only for this one I wish I could change his label to be different, is that possible? and how to do it?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #303971 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic label Field conditions and terms
Please be more specific about what you're wanting to change. You can freely specify whatever label you like for your terms and condition fields. Within the terms and conditions field under Parameters > Display you can adjust what type of terms the user is accepting. If you want to change or replace the "Accept TYPE" you'll need to override the language string TERMS_FIELD_ACCEPT_URL_CONDITIONS to change it for all fields or FIELD_FIELD-ID-HERE_TERMS_FIELD_ACCEPT_URL_CONDITIONS for field specific override. See the below on how to use language overrides in CB.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304177 by Five_phil
Replied by Five_phil on topic label Field conditions and terms
Thank you for your reply.
But this type of field is not suitable for the RGPD
I'm thinking about another solution

5 years 11 months ago #304188 by krileon
Terms and Conditions fields are perfectly sufficient for GDPR. They can be used for privacy policies, data disclosure policies, etc.. as you can make as many as you want. Set them as required if the data collected is mandatory for your site to function.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304191 by Five_phil
Replied by Five_phil on topic label Field conditions and terms
Hello krileon,

For registration with the RGPD, and according to my readings. we can not condition the registration and therefore "oblige" the person to accept our personal data policy. I know! it seems contradictory but it must be explicit and must not be able to block the registration of the person in case of refusal.

It must then 2 boxes: one YES and another box with NO so that the choice is explicit and unconditioned.
So we have to keep the proof of this choice.

Hoping that you will understand my translation.

5 years 11 months ago #304194 by krileon
It doesn't have to block the registration. It will only do so if it's marked required and yes you are permitted to deny them entry to the site if they don't accept the terms (block registration) if consent is required for the service being provided otherwise just don't make the field required. There does not have to be 2 boxes a single "I Agree" checkbox is sufficient. You're reading far too deep into this. They are not imposing design limitations on your site. Be clear what you're collecting and why then ask them to consent. Even input descriptions can be used as means of disclosure (to explain what the inputs information is used for; e.g. communications or advertisemenets, etc..). Several examples below.

www.econsultancy.com/blog/69253-gdpr-10-examples-of-best-practice-ux-for-obtaining-marketing-consent
www.econsultancy.com/blog/69256-gdpr-how-to-create-best-practice-privacy-notices-with-examples

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn