CB Articles unlinked to Joomla articles

5 years 10 months ago #304837 by manalog
Hello,

Every CB Articles is unlinked anymore to native Joomla article.
The CB Articles plugin configuration parameters are ok., i don't understand why links are broken

When i click on a CB Article link the requested article page is not available, i have 404 error page.

What can i do to help locate the missing page, redirecting links that point to each specific joomla article.

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #304953 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Articles unlinked to Joomla articles
CB doesn't really have anything to do with linking to the articles. We just pass the necessary article id through Joomlas own API (specifically ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute) to construct the URL. Ensure CB is completely up to date and that the articles themselves are actually accessible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #304984 by manalog
Replied by manalog on topic CB Articles unlinked to Joomla articles
Thank you for your reply.
yes CB is up to date currently and articles are ok.
In CB Article every requested article page is not available when Joomla language filter plugin is enabled.
My articles were created with Flexicontent.

Any clue?

5 years 9 months ago #304995 by krileon
CB Articles is designed for Joomla content component. It has no integration with Flexicontent so I've no clue how it'll behave in that situation. CB Articles properly passes the articles language to getArticleRoute so using language filter plugin shouldn't be a problem. Have you tried changing the language for an article to all and seeing if it works fine then?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305002 by manalog
Replied by manalog on topic CB Articles unlinked to Joomla articles
Yes i tried and this option doesn't work either when Joomla language filter plugin is enabled, while every links works perfectly as soon as i disable the plugin.
I'll try to get in touch with Flexicontent team to know what happens.

But for now i’ve created a menu item to user articles
and how can i create a CB field pointing to this menu item
so that this menu items are displayed in CB user profile info tab (in menu display position) instead of CB Articles TAB?

i'd like to do the same thing with another menu item with a user wish list

is it be possible to do it ? And how ?

Thanks for your assistance.

5 years 9 months ago #305007 by krileon

and how can i create a CB field pointing to this menu item

You can use a Custom HTML field to add HTML to users profiles.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn