CB Articles unlinked to Joomla articles

5 years 9 months ago #305012 by manalog
Replied by manalog on topic CB Articles unlinked to Joomla articles
I tried to use CB HTML Field but it did not work out.
Could you help me please and explain the best way to use CB Custom HTML field with steps to add HTML to users profiles.
with CB Substitutions ?

and then display this menu items on a new tab in menu display position (close to contact info tab) ?

thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305035 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Articles unlinked to Joomla articles

I tried to use CB HTML Field but it did not work out.

Don't understand how it couldn't work out. You simply add the HTML you want to display to it and it will display on every profile.

Could you help me please and explain the best way to use CB Custom HTML field with steps to add HTML to users profiles.
with CB Substitutions ?

See the below on how to use and learn HTML.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/HTML/Introduction_to_HTML

See the below regarding substitutions usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305070 by manalog
Replied by manalog on topic CB Articles unlinked to Joomla articles
thanks Kyle for very interesting links.
I have read the substitutions tutorial several times, your substitution tutorial covers substituting in tabs, fields, and else but what about Joomla menu item and Joomla module? i tried some different options, but I'm not getting the right results.

So, in Tab Menu, I want to post 3 custom html fields.
For each field I created it's own tab, then i tried substitutions URL - display a CB constructed URL (pre-defined)
[cb:url location="DESTINATION" /] and assign CB Custom HTML field id instead of "destination" ... but it did not work out!

And i have currently a bilingual site so i have 2 different menu item ids (id#185 for FR language and id#1654 for EN language)

how can i set a CB Custom HTML field for 2 languages

... Could you help ?

5 years 9 months ago #305076 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Articles unlinked to Joomla articles
If you want substitutions in a module you need CB Content Module which is just like a Joomla HTML module except it parses for substitutions. For substitutions elsewhere you need CB Content Bot, which is a Joomla content prepare plugin and will parse substitutions anywhere that passes its content through Joomla content prepare.

Please read the substitution tutorial carefully. It has no functionality to generate URLs to wherever you want. The URL substitution supports only the specific set of destinations supplied in the tutorial and nothing more.

As for multilingual fields you'd use a language string in your Custom HTML field (e.g. THIS_IS_MY_LANG_KEY) then you'd translate it within your CB language plugins using language overrides shown below to your actual HTML.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn