Email handling not working

5 years 10 months ago #305021 by borja
Email handling not working was created by borja
I would like to send an email to an user. I fill the email form and I´ve got a message:

"¡Su correo NO ha sido enviado! Por favor, inténtelo de nuevo."

I looked at the logs althought I enabled them and I don´t see any activity. What can be wrong? I have to enable sth? The registration email are sent by te tool.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305038 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email handling not working
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry to see if any errors output. My guess is your mailer configuration in Joomla global configuration is likely incorrect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305039 by borja
Replied by borja on topic Email handling not working
This is done and i cannot see anything interesting. The cb sends email when an user is registered.

What can be the problem?

5 years 10 months ago #305049 by krileon
Within CB > Configuration > General set "Emails Sent From" to "Admin Email Address, with Reply-To User Email Address" and see if that helps as your mail server may not like the emails being sent from the actual user sending the email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305054 by borja
Replied by borja on topic Email handling not working
This works. So the problem is that i cannot send an email using a gmail account not? Any solution?

5 years 10 months ago #305067 by krileon
It just means you can't send an email to a user from your email address. It will send from your sites email address with the reply-to set to the email address of the user emailing. There is no solution beyond leaving it as instructed above as it's an enforcement made by your mail server. It's basically email spoofing and most mail servers aren't going to allow it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn