Printing webpage

5 years 10 months ago #305208 by jimstrong
Printing webpage was created by jimstrong
We've set up Community Builder to display details of exhibitors for a charity event and trying to allow visitors to print out the userlist grid to assist their visit to the festival. However, none of the portrait or canvas images will print, even with "Print background images" set to "yes" in the browser. All we get printed is the URL to the image.

Is there a setting somewhere in Community Builder or Joomla I am missing? Or another way to print the userlist grid?

Thanks for any thoughts

Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305247 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Printing webpage
Should print exactly as shown in your browsers print preview. CB has no specific print styling being applied to output only URLs. That's normally due to CSS being applied to @media print. Your Joomla template maybe applying CSS to output the links, but it normally does that after the image instead of replacing the image. The CSS for such usages is usually something like the following.

@media print {
  a[href]::after {
    content: " (" attr(href) ")";
  }
}

I know for sure Joomlas protostar template applies the above.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305249 by jimstrong
Replied by jimstrong on topic Printing webpage
Oh thanks - we are using the Protostar template, so I will go looking there!

Jim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds