[#7194] File as attachment in the letter to the administrator

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305313 by GorYa
Good evening. Since a component is used as a registration form, in some cases it is necessary for the user to attach any supporting document in the form of a file. Unfortunately, at present, in the letter to the administrator only a link to the file in the user's profile comes. If the field is hidden for display in the profile, then the link does not work, because there is simply no such field. Is it possible that the file downloaded at registration would come as an attachment in the letter to the administrator? Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305325 by krileon

Is it possible that the file downloaded at registration would come as an attachment in the letter to the administrator?

Nope. Just be sure the field is accessible on the users profile. Alternative is move it to a tab that's on a not shown on profile tab position (this allows the substitutions to work, but hide the field from profile view) and use the raw substitution of [FIELD_NAME] and it should just be the URL to access the file directly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305343 by GorYa
Thank you. This is certainly an alternative, but unfortunately, not in my case. It is unfortunate that the moderator can not view the full profile with fields that are hidden from the user. The optimal solution would be to add the option "Send to the administrator in the letter" in the "File" field or in the Configuration-Registration tab (in this case it is not the same as sending it to the moderator for approval). For me, the decision is still open. Thanks again for the good advice.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305371 by krileon
One option is to purchase and use CB Privacy and force the fields privacy to Private, which allows the profile owner and moderators only to see the field. This can also be done for entire tabs.

Alternatively you can use the Layout parameters and substitutions to determine who can see the fields values. See the below substitution tutorial for substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

You'd basically set the Profile Value Layout under Parameters > Layout within your field to something like the below.

[cb:if user="#me" viewaccesslevel includes "##"][value][/cb:if]

Replace ## with your CB Moderator view access level id found in Users > Access Levels. This should display the fields value only to those users. This can be expanded on further using AND/OR cases as well as elseif and else cases as shown in the tutorial above.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GorYa

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305392 by GorYa
Thank you. Method using [cb:if user="#me" viewaccesslevel includes "##"][value][/cb:if] solved my problem. This is an exceptionally simple and excellent solution that helped me. The topic can be changed to Solved.
The only problem is with the formation of links to the download (apparently the case in the router), as the link comes to the mail, where & is replaced by
&
When you continue on the link, you are re-adding the symbol and the browser is already running a double
&
and there appears an error "no indexing", only manual copying and pasting it into the browser helps.

5 years 10 months ago #305409 by krileon
If you're adding it to an email sent as part of the registration workflows ensure you've enabled support for HTML in those emails within CB > Configuration > Registration otherwise you need to be more specific as to which email is giving you problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn