Email field doesnt get checked during registration

5 years 9 months ago #305440 by captainandy14
Hi

CB is not checking if email exists or not and if it does exists then it doesnt give any error, the registration simply fails and it comes back to registration page without any registration . What to do?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305442 by nant

captainandy14 wrote: Hi

CB is not checking if email exists or not and if it does exists then it doesnt give any error, the registration simply fails and it comes back to registration page without any registration . What to do?

Joomla version?
CB version?

It works ok on my test sites and on our demo site.

5 years 9 months ago #305446 by captainandy14
Replied by captainandy14 on topic Email field doesnt get checked during registration
Joomla 3.8

cb 2.1.6

5 years 9 months ago #305674 by captainandy14
Replied by captainandy14 on topic Email field doesnt get checked during registration
Joomla 3.8

cb 2.1.6

still waiting for an answer

5 years 9 months ago #305677 by krileon
If you want ajax email checking you need to enable it by editing your email field within CB > Field Management and adjusting "Enable Email checker" under Parameters > Validation otherwise the validation is done on POST (after they submit the form). If the ajax checking isn't working press F12 to open your browsers developer tools and click the Console tab to see if any fatal JS errors are present as its jQuery driven validation. If any fatal JS errors are present the JS validation won't work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn