Support needed

5 years 9 months ago #305506 by jhoefs
Support needed was created by jhoefs
Hi, I have some things I would really love help with in regards to my site [freshears.org], some problems I have not been able to solve on my own. I have enough questions that I am going to ask some now, and then some when we have addressed this first series.

I created the following dummy login for you to use: username: ShirleyLuver Password: Luver108

When I first log in as a user on my site, and go to “My Profile”, it always says “You are not authorized to view this resource” Why? How can I fix this so it doesn’t show up once the site goes live?

Go ahead and take a look at the layout on my CB pages - what I want is for all of the left and right borders to disappear (so only the top and bottom lines remain). That’s the design I want. I’ve tried to do this a number of times; I have only succeeded in getting some of these to change, but not all of them. Can you help me with this?

I’d like to take out the option for the user to choose their own text editor from the profile edit area. I’d also like to put the text “This is the about me…” [which you can find in the “personal information” section of the “profile edit” option] ABOVE the text field it refers to, not below it. How can I make that happen?

That should be enough for right now. Thanks in advance, and look forward to your response!

[does purchase of an add-on provide support? Because part of the reason I purchased it is I was under the impression it would provide me with support for some things I really need help with.]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305521 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Support needed

When I first log in as a user on my site, and go to “My Profile”, it always says “You are not authorized to view this resource” Why? How can I fix this so it doesn’t show up once the site goes live?

Such an error doesn't exist in CB. I see it exists in K2 and AcyMailing. CBs not authorized error is "You are not authorized to view this page!". If you've K2 or AcyMailing installed try disabling any CB tabs/fields they may have to see if that helps. Also be sure the profile view access level within CB > Configuration > User Profile is something the user can access (e.g. Public or Registered).

Go ahead and take a look at the layout on my CB pages - what I want is for all of the left and right borders to disappear (so only the top and bottom lines remain). That’s the design I want. I’ve tried to do this a number of times; I have only succeeded in getting some of these to change, but not all of them. Can you help me with this?

You'll need to write the CSS for this. No, we do not assist with customizing your site.

I’d like to take out the option for the user to choose their own text editor from the profile edit area.

Edit the params field in CB > Field Management and under Parameters tab select what parameters you want hidden.

I’d also like to put the text “This is the about me…” [which you can find in the “personal information” section of the “profile edit” option] ABOVE the text field it refers to, not below it. How can I make that happen?

Add a Custom HTML field with your text above your text field within CB > Field Management.

[does purchase of an add-on provide support? Because part of the reason I purchased it is I was under the impression it would provide me with support for some things I really need help with.]

No, you do not have general support. You have support for CB Privacy only. You need a Professional or Developer subscription for general support. I've moved your topic to the community forums as your topic has nothing to do with CB Privacy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.595 seconds