redirection after login

5 years 9 months ago #306109 by kolvi
redirection after login was created by kolvi
I just installed CB and configured it, turned off the Joomla registration process and login modules etc. - however after login with user name and password the site does not change to the before targeted "membership" start page...it just shows the "Hallo welcome message and user name" in the login module container...

anything more to fill / deselect / select as the page link in configuring the "redirection after first login"?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #306114 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic redirection after login
When configuring redirects or any URL parameters in general always supply a non-SEF URL beginning with index.php to properly redirect within Joomla. The first login redirect only works if the account has never logged in before. If they have then you'll need to use the login redirect parameter within your CB Login Module to setup a redirect for every login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kolvi

5 years 9 months ago #306117 by kolvi
Replied by kolvi on topic redirection after login
... many thanks, meanwhile I did find the redirection entry within the CB login module... however encountered another problem...
After logout I am no longer able to login as super-admin or with another login-name...
:(

From the login module and after filling the login data, I am redirected to another login form (not in the login module, see picture) but even entering all values I cannot log in - neither in front- or backend...
Attachments:

5 years 9 months ago #306120 by krileon
Switch to default Joomla protostar template and retry. You maybe inputting invalid credentials is my guess and your template maybe not outputting the Joomla message queue so you're not able to see any errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #306121 by kolvi
Replied by kolvi on topic redirection after login
as I cannot login to backend, I can switch to the template... just restoring my latest backup... may be I will give CB another try...

5 years 9 months ago #306122 by krileon
I've no idea what you could've configured or done to result in your issue. CB does not alter accounts during login process. Joomla will update the last visit date, but that should be the extent of user modification during login.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn