Errors After Updating to latest version ( CB and Joomla)

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306607 by jered@saverexpress.com
Errors After Updating to latest version ( CB and Joomla) was created by jered@saverexpress.com
Hello!

Just updated to the latest version of Joomla and Community Builder with CBSubs (as seen on the download page)

Now I'm getting some strange phenomenae.

Normal users on login get errors of "too many redirects" or "redirect not working". This only happens to users below Administrator.
All higher than administrators do not get this bug.

I notice that after taking a few seconds trying to load the page, it will redirect to the url index.php?option=com_users&view=profile&layout=edit&Itemid=480 and then throws the error.
I have disabled or removed EVERY login redirect, but still doing this.

Steps:
FRONT END SITE:
a)Go to front end
b) Login using an normal user account
c) all browsers will then timeout with a "too many redirects". Moving from the default site index.php to index.php?option=com_users&view=profile&layout=edit&Itemid=480
d) tried rolling back to 2.1.5 and still not working.

So something is wonky between Joomla 3.8.11.

Any ideas what could cause this redirect?

To Clarify:
This behaviour is consistent on ALL BROWSERS I've tried.
All redirects (CbLogin, cbsubs Plan redirect and comprofiler redirect) have been emptied and the issue still persists.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306614 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic Errors After Updating to latest version ( CB and Joomla)
Update,
It seems the problem resolved after clearing cache and reinstalling CB latest version, CBsubs and also our template core system.

5 years 8 months ago #306626 by krileon
Sounds like something was trying to access Joomlas user profile page, which CB blocks access to using its system plugin. However something kept trying to send you back to Joomlas user page over and over causing the redirect loop. No idea what was doing it or why reinstalling would resolve it. I'm seeing no such issues in my tests, but is potentially a redirect in a 3rd party installed extension that could be causing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn