ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #306848 by missarab
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS was created by missarab
Having CB 2.2.1
Getting the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error when I try to login at the frontpage.
Meanwhile, the user shows it logged in at the control panel.
Any advice?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #306863 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Trying to redirect them to a page they can't access. Most likely Joomlas profile, which is blocked by CB from its Joomla system plugin. Ensure you're using CBs login module and if using a login redirect URL ensure it begins with index.php and is non-SEF.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #306917 by missarab
Replied by missarab on topic ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Thanks for your advice.
I'm having CB login module installed for over 5 years and it was working fine, just last week with Joomla 3.8.11 update & CB last build update I got that error.
We believe that there is a conflict between CB SECURE login and Joomla 3.8.11 when the website is fully secured and have the Green Padlock we got the error "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" and users can not load their profiles, meanwhile at the backend, you can see that the user is logged in.
There is no any redirection setup in the website, all original modules.

Now, with the website is not fully secured (GRAY HTTPS) logging is working, but that's affecting other extensions that required a full secure URL.

Useing:
CB 2.2.1+build.2018.08.14.19.48.10.8d8999bda
J. 3.8.11
PHP v.7

5 years 7 months ago #306951 by krileon
Ensure live_site within configuration.php is set to '' (empty) then retry with secured Joomla. You likely have a redirect loop due to live_site being specified with http when it should be empty and only used if absolutely sure you understand its purpose and need it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #306952 by missarab
Replied by missarab on topic ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
it's already set to HTTPS
$live_site = 'https:// www.MyDomain.org';
Do I still need to make it empty?

5 years 7 months ago #306963 by krileon
Empty it, don't set live_site unless absolutely necessary. Then if you want Joomla to globally use HTTPS adjust "Force HTTPS" as needed in Joomla global configuration. Note if using that parameter don't set "Encrypt Login Form" to "Yes" in your CB Login Module as it's not necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn