css overrides can not fatham

5 years 7 months ago #307287 by wtw
css overrides can not fatham was created by wtw
Hello
Does anyone know of any other tutorials around that explain the css overrides? Please don't direct me to the 'overrides made simple' tutorial. I have spent the past 3 days on it and still can not get it to work. No matter how many layers of css I put in, it just doesn't see it.

I'm obviously missing something really basic, as no one else seems to be having this problem. Or those that are having a problem are directed to the 'made simple' tutorial mentioned above and don't come back again. I guess it either made sense to them or they gave up.

Many thanks for any insights you can provide.

Cheers

Jo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #307293 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic css overrides can not fatham
All it does is take the CSS you supply, save it to a CSS file, and load it on frontend. CSS Overrides do not load in backend. If your CSS is invalid or your CSS selectors are not strong enough your CSS won't appear to be doing anything. Recommend the below CSS tutorial if you need help writing CSS.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/CSS/Introduction_to_CSS

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #307313 by wtw
Replied by wtw on topic css overrides can not fatham
okay thanks. Actually thought I was quite comfy with css having used it for years. I guess I'm not as experienced as I thought as I can still not get this to work. Still, ne'er mind. No other tutorials so I'll have to settle, or figure out something else.
Cheers

5 years 7 months ago #307335 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic css overrides can not fatham
Not much more I can suggest without understanding what you're trying to change with your CSS and without the CSS you're trying to use.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn