[SOLVED] Userlist - Number of columns at frontend

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #308035 by Jerrific
Hello,

I use CB for mij choir website. The userlist is only visible for registered users.

Within the list configuration I can select the number of columns to appear at the frontend.
Like the description says: set the bootstrap size to 3 for a 4 column layout at the frontend.

Unfortunalely I get an output of "col-md-4" instead of 3, see my attachment.

I'm using the latest version of CB (2.2.1) in combination with the Helix Ultimate Framework.
Already checked if enabling of disabling Bootstrap of jQuery makes any difference since the framework uses this also: No diference.

What am I missing / doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #308049 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Userlist - Number of columns at frontend
If you're using the Grid output for your userlist the column size for the first column is the only relevant size as it'll be used for the initial size of the grid. Beyond that the others don't do anything since it displays the users as a grid of boxes. You can demo both usages below.

Normal Userlist:
demo.cbdemosites.com/community-builder/user-lists/table-layout
demo.cbdemosites.com/community-builder/user-lists/member-list

Gird Userlist:
demo.cbdemosites.com/community-builder/user-lists/grid-layout

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #308052 by Jerrific
Replied by Jerrific on topic Userlist - Number of columns at frontend
Thanks for our answer.

In my case I have only one column... Which is set to bootstrap size 3 (first attachment).
Nevertheless CB generates a bootstrap 4 column width (second attachment in which I replaced the default placeholder for users without a picture).
Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #308060 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Userlist - Number of columns at frontend
Ok, so you're trying to adjust the starting point for the Grid output sizing. You'll need latest CB build for that. Latest build release is 2.2.1+build.2018.10.16.19.32.44.38e6b06fc. Please update then retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #308063 by Jerrific
Replied by Jerrific on topic Userlist - Number of columns at frontend
At first I couldn't find the information about which build I had but I figured: Just install the latest version and see how it works out.

And it works :) I don't know if there was some bug which was causing this? I did a forum search and didn't find anything related to "columns", so I thought "Am I the only one with this issue?". Nevertheless I'm glad it's working right now.

Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn