image in a tab field

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308598 by matthewdavey
image in a tab field was created by matthewdavey
Why doesn't the [cb_image1] display the image. In a tab
Images doesn't seem to display? It displays the url and not the image? Can this be changed to display the image?

Phone #:  [username]   [cb_phone]    [cb_homeimage1] my name is [username]  [cb_image1]
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308619 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic image in a tab field
Recommend reading the substitution tutorial carefully.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

[FIELD_NAME] is always raw data output. Typically whatever is in the user object directly from the database. You need to use [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] if you want the field processed (e.g. HTML added).

Please note I've moved your topic as it has nothing to do with CBSubs specifically, which your support only includes CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matthewdavey

5 years 4 months ago #308640 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic image in a tab field
I see now Thanks
I'm having trouble displaying a cbuilder list I see the tutorial list

URL - display a CB constructed URL (pre-defined)
[cb:url location="DESTINATION" /]

Destinations include: login, logout, registers, lostpassword, manageconnections, profile_view, profile_edit, list, itemid

[cb:url location="login" /] will display the login raw URL that can be included with HTML for example. For list usage you must specify the parameter list="LIST_ID"; without it you'll be given the default userlist URL.

Can you show me the code to display CBuilder list ID 13
Or even default userlist URL. code
Thanks

5 years 4 months ago #308652 by krileon
If you want to link to a specific userlist you'd simply use [cb:url location="list" list="LIST_ID_HERE" /] as the tutorial suggests. To link to the default userlist explide the list parameter (e.g. [cb:url location="list" /]). The cb:url usage simply outputs the raw URL though it has no HTML with it. You'll need to add the necessary HTML to utilize the URL however you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308661 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic image in a tab field
Thanks
How do I add the HTML I want the list to display like the list does in CBuilder lists?
Is there some documentation on this subject?
Thanks

5 years 4 months ago #308675 by krileon

How do I add the HTML I want the list to display like the list does in CBuilder lists?

You want to display the userlist in a field? Sorry, don't understand what you're asking.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn