image in a tab field

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308687 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic image in a tab field
I want to display the user list as a delimiter field. In a tab

I see [cb:usertab tab="17" user="#displayedOrMe" /]
puts a connections edit tab in a delimiter field. I want the user list 13 to display
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #308714 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic image in a tab field
There is no means of substituting the userlist into a tab. It can only be displayed on the userlist page it self or worse case you display it in an iframe, but I do not recommend using iframes. Another user has utilized and extension called Components Anywhere you might be able to give a try.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308746 by matthewdavey
Thanks
I think the plugin can create a security risk.
I managed to bring up the list
I was really wanting to bring up users connections in a tab but using the ability to display selected fields like [cb_phone] you can in a list,
Not the connections canvas avatar and Private message.
Is there some Query code I can use to select and display ONLY the connections users in a cb list and not all the websites users? If so how would I achieve this?
Thanks

5 years 4 months ago #308794 by krileon
Don't understand why you want a userlist of a users connections displayed in a profile tab. There is already a connections tab for displaying their connections. At any rate yes you can use an advanced filter to filter the list to the users connections. Examples can be found in the below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/237610-substition-in-a-list-for-connections?start=6#298327

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 4 months ago #308948 by matthewdavey
I have tampered with the code and tried different id and I cant work it out in a Delimiter field.
This code is not exactly what I need.
I need
I made a mobile phones profile page with a tab Delimiter field with users connections in a list so you can call the connection from your mobile direct.

connections tab cant be configured to display additional fields yet like [cb_phonenumber]
and a list is good I dont need the canvas displayed and a list is configurable.

I need the code to display CBuilder list ID 13.
I want this so I can display the users connections [cb_username] [cb_phonenumber] and other fields in one line a drop down list Tab style.
Can you help me with this please?
Thanks

5 years 4 months ago #308969 by krileon
There is no substitution for displaying a userlist in a tab/field. You have to use an iframe; there's no other means of doing it beyond something 3rd party like Components Anywhere. To have your userlist display only your connections see the above topic, which does this using an Advanced Filter.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn