Edit Default Email messages

5 years 4 months ago #308777 by adgilcan
Edit Default Email messages was created by adgilcan
I've watched the tutorials and read the primer manual but I think I must have missed the bit where you say how to customise the email message body for any system moderator messages.

Can you tell me which file to look in, or where in the CB GUI I can find where to edit?

Many thanks

Duncan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #308796 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Edit Default Email messages
The welcome and pending emails can be customized within CB > Configuration > Registration. All others are typically just language strings so you can use the built in language override feature below to change them to whatever you like.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

It includes a language finder feature to locate the appropriate strings as well.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18712-language-key-and-text-finder

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308803 by adgilcan
Replied by adgilcan on topic Edit Default Email messages
I'm sorry, I fear there is a disconnect between what is obvious to the developer and the user.

Can you be a little more specific? I can find my way to the CB > Configuration > Registration page but what I see there are Headers such as: "YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_MESSAGE". To where does this link? Can I simply override it with the text I want?

Also you mention the Language Overrides option. I have found this, too, and appear to be able to edit the header mentioned above via this method. However, where are the language strings stored, please? I cannot find any file named "override.php", let alone any of the others shown in your screenshot (attached). Could you possibly give a file path, please?

Many thanks

Duncan

Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #308810 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Edit Default Email messages
Suggest you download and read the also free CB Primer Book.

Those strings are language file strings and the primer does talk about language plugins.

5 years 4 months ago #308814 by adgilcan
Replied by adgilcan on topic Edit Default Email messages
Thank you

I think you must have missed the very first sentence of my original post. I have downloaded and read the CB Primer book almost twice. I have also sat through 5 or six tutorial videos.

What I was looking for was a bit of a steer from those that know more than me.

I will go back and check the book again but I don't think it goes into any great detail about exactly how it works and which files store the information and strings. I stand to be corrected, though.

Thanks again

D

5 years 4 months ago #308816 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Edit Default Email messages

adgilcan wrote: Thank you

I think you must have missed the very first sentence of my original post. I have downloaded and read the CB Primer book almost twice. I have also sat through 5 or six tutorial videos.

What I was looking for was a bit of a steer from those that know more than me.

I will go back and check the book again but I don't think it goes into any great detail about exactly how it works and which files store the information and strings. I stand to be corrected, though.

Thanks again

D

Sorry, yes I did miss this.

See Kyle's language override URL - you can find the key and override it from the user interface - no need to use file.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn