Edit Default Email messages

5 years 4 months ago #308817 by adgilcan
Replied by adgilcan on topic Edit Default Email messages
Thank you Nick, I am getting there but need a little confirmation.

I've looked at the Chapter 10 in the book and am in the middle of watching your video (36) dealing with language overrides. All of them refer to v2.0 or 2.1 and state that a user interface to manage language overrides will be added in release v2.1. Now that we are on v2.3 and the user interface is available and installed (thanks so much Kyle), can I check if the tutorial video is out of date? Do I need to install an English-GB language plugin separate from the default? I have tried to do both that and a German-DE from the CB Plugin management page but I get both the message "Upload Success" and "Nothing to install" (see attachment). In addition, there is no plugin folder in components>com_comprofiler and no override.php file that I can see.

Can I check with you where these overrides are stored? Do we need to worry about changes being wiped if the plugin is reinstalled or upgraded in the future.

Before I completely piss you off, may I just say what a fantastic resource you have here, and thank you for the quick support you have shown thus far. If I am delving too deep into developer territory, please let me know and I will buy a support membership but I don't think I need all the extra bells and whistles that come with it.

Thanks again

D

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #308823 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Edit Default Email messages

I have tried to do both that and a German-DE from the CB Plugin management page but I get both the message "Upload Success" and "Nothing to install" (see attachment).

Where did you download them from? From the localization page below or were you trying to use Install from Web?

www.joomlapolis.com/localization

Try using Install from Web if you haven't tried that already.

Do I need to install an English-GB language plugin separate from the default?

Nope, the English language plugin is no longer needed and is just same as Default.

Can I check with you where these overrides are stored?

Overrides file is directly in the folder of the language plugin. For the Default language plugin that'd be the below location.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language

Do we need to worry about changes being wiped if the plugin is reinstalled or upgraded in the future.

Nope, overrides file isn't touched on update.

Language overrides basically work the same as Joomla with the exception being file stored instead of database stored, which allows them to load same time as language load without a database connection needed. Simply use the interface shown in the below blog post to begin overriding strings. You can do this directly on the Default language plugin. Your changes will not be lost when updating CB or any plugins.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn