Update of CB 2.3.0 has failed

5 years 4 months ago #308905 by tygrysuav
Update of CB 2.3.0 has failed was created by tygrysuav
I was not able to install Community Builder in version 2.3.0. The following message appeared. The file is accessible. Also, there is a problem with the lib_CBLib.zip. file but I don't know what it is.
Failed deleting inaccessible file CBApplication.php

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #308921 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update of CB 2.3.0 has failed
You've some sort of server configuration issue. CB is unable to override its own files or Joomla is unable to clean up the install files. Seams like a permission problem for Joomla/PHP tmp or a problem with Joomlas file structure in general.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 4 months ago #308927 by tygrysuav
Replied by tygrysuav on topic Update of CB 2.3.0 has failed
It seems to me that access to this file is available. Where should files from the lib_CBLib.zip archive be found, which also reports an error?

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308940 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update of CB 2.3.0 has failed
Do not manually unpack the zip. Simply download CB and install the entire zip through Joomla extension manager. Do not attempt to manually install. It will not work correctly. If it will not install then again you have a permissions problem on your server as it's unable to move, unpack the files, or what appears to be in your case unable to override existing files or clean up after it self. See the below topic on Joomla forums regarding your issue; it is not extension specific but a server problem.

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=967307

You can check some permissions within System > System Information > Folder Permissions. This won't show chmod permission problems though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn