How do I format numbers to currency?

5 years 4 months ago #308926 by bgareth2
How do I format numbers to currency? was created by bgareth2
I'm currently working on a grassroots project and I need to work out a way for homeless projects that are setting up profiles to type in the prices of items, for example, meals, hot drinks, price of using the telephone etc. These are usually nominal amounts but the idea is to help homeless people to find the homeless projects that best suit their needs. I was looking for a way of the organisation registering being able to type in two boxes (side by side) £ and the blank box for the odd pennies. How do I get the boxes to sit side by side please? Also without an un-natural gap.

Many thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #308939 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How do I format numbers to currency?
Only way to display them side by side is to use CSS and restyle the container divs around a field to display as such. I recommend however just using a text field with custom REGEXP validation (see Parameters > Validation in your text field) to limit it to numbers only and allow for periods so they can type 12, 12.50, 0.50, etc.. to avoid needing multiple fields just to set price.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn