You don't have permission to access /index.php/cb-profile/saveuseredit on this..

5 years 4 months ago #309233 by markreaves
I tried uploading an avatar for my profile on my new website and I get the following error after starting the upload:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php/cb-profile/saveuseredit on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm at my wits end trying to figure out the problem, hence this post.

On a side note, THIS website (joomlapolis), scrolling via arrows or page up/page down doesn't work at all and is VERY annoying.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309246 by krileon

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php/cb-profile/saveuseredit on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Sounds like mod_security is blocking the upload. Contact your host to review their logs.

On a side note, THIS website (joomlapolis), scrolling via arrows or page up/page down doesn't work at all and is VERY annoying.

My scrollbar, scroll arrows, and page up/down works fine in Chrome, FF, and Edge. I'm guessing it's a problem with whatever browser you're using; maybe check if it has an update? This happens on every page or just specific pages?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309299 by markreaves
It ended up being mod_security. The only solution the host provided was disabling it. Disabling it did fix this problem and others I didn't know I had with the site. Too bad though.

This site still wont let me scroll with arrows or page up/down.

5 years 4 months ago #309310 by krileon

It ended up being mod_security. The only solution the host provided was disabling it. Disabling it did fix this problem and others I didn't know I had with the site. Too bad though.

Wouldn't recommend completely disabling it. Host should just need to add exception rules to it as one of their rules is just causing a false positive.

This site still wont let me scroll with arrows or page up/down.

No idea what to tell you. What browser are you using?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309316 by markreaves
Using Google Chrome latest 64-bit.

I figured there was probably an ability to alter the rules, but apparently, the customer support reps either can't change the rules or don't want to or don't know how. Either way, the only options I had was to disable mod_security or enable it. Enabled, it breaks a lot of things. Disabled, nothing is broken.

5 years 4 months ago #309335 by krileon

Using Google Chrome latest 64-bit.

Strange, scrollbar navigation works fine for me with same browser. Maybe a browser extension causing issues. Sorry, don't know what more to suggest.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.832 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn