How to approve Avatars and images

5 years 2 months ago #310233 by jeff.steinkamp
How to approve Avatars and images was created by jeff.steinkamp
I am getting generated email that an image requires approval, but I have yet to find where I can do this with the latest version of CB. With Joomla 2.5 and earlier versions of CB, this was pretty easy, but since we have upgrade to Joomla 3.9 and CB 2.4, can't figure out how to find who uploaded the image and how to approve it. If I user the User Search tools and select Pending under Avatar, nothing comes up, but If I choose Approved in that drop down, all 4000 users come up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310268 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to approve Avatars and images
Create a Joomla menu item with a menu type of Community Builder > Moderate Images or use the CB Workflows module to link to the image approval page. This is how it has always functioned.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeff.steinkamp

5 years 2 months ago #310279 by jeff.steinkamp
Replied by jeff.steinkamp on topic How to approve Avatars and images
That will work. Thanks.!!! I also discovered that when we did the update from 2.x to 3.x the avatarapproved column in the comprofiller table was not set correctly which is why when I went to search for these that needed approval in the work flow module, they did not come up. The menu item which i has assigned to our admins will make it easier for them to approve the images. A simple SQL statement in phpmyadmin got that column back to where it should be.

5 years 2 months ago #310310 by krileon
Updating should not have toggled images that were pending approval to approved. What do you mean by it wasn't set correctly?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310313 by jeff.steinkamp
Replied by jeff.steinkamp on topic How to approve Avatars and images
In theory that is correct. The avatarapprove column defaults to a 1. When a user submits an image, that column is set to a 0. When the update occurred, it set every user column to a zero. I verified that from the date we did the update. This is why we have been having difficulty trying to figure out which images required approval. I have that all back to normal and with the few that we tried for testing purposes, it is now working correctly. When the moderator approves the image, it toggles that column back to a 1. Not the way I would have done it if I was designing the Database Structure. In the long run, we are now workign correctly again!!

5 years 2 months ago #310351 by krileon
It should not have touched that columns values on install. What version did you upgrade from? You said 2.x to 3.x, but 3.x doesn't exist. If you can provide exact versions will be able to review the changes between the versions to see if there's a potential cause. As is I'm seeing no such issues upgrading a test install from 2.0 to 2.4.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn