column missing in table after upgrade to CB 2.4.0

5 years 2 months ago #310250 by barney66
After upgrading CB from version 2.3.0 to 2.4.0 I get this error: column displaytype missing in #__comprofiler_fields. I upgraded to:
pkg_communitybuilder_2.4.0+build.2019.01.21.23.30.35.c78d7184c. Is this column removed on purpose or is this a bug? If on purpose than I have problem as a associated application is not working anymore. If a bug, can you fix it asap?

Hope to hear soon from you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310269 by krileon
displaytype column does not exist in _comprofiler_fields and never has. It belongs to the _comprofiler_tabs table. You've something querying the database incorrectly. I'm guessing something 3rd party that has been installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310289 by barney66
Hello Kyle, are you sure? I just checked a fresh install of CB 2.4.0. (21-01) and this is what I see:

#__comprofiler_fields --> column displaytitle
#__comprofiler_tabs --> column displaytype

my question iw herewith answered: in 2.4.0 the column displaytitle still exists. I solved my problem by adding the column manually in the table. After that the connection with the remote application was restored.

Happy to experience that is was not a CB issue. The tricky thing however is how a column can disappear in my database....

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310311 by krileon
Yes I am sure. displaytitle doesn't exist anymore (that was a CB 1.x column) and displaytype belongs in _comprofiler_tabs. Your error in your original post is happening because something is querying for displaytype in _comprofiler_fields, which never existed in that table. You will continue to have this issue on every install as CB doesn't like columns existing in its database tables that don't belong. You need to fix whatever you've installed or create that is querying the table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310316 by barney66
we are getting closer as I have been using CB since the 1.9 version in the concerned environment. It could be legacy as I understand it?

5 years 2 months ago #310352 by krileon
Yes, your implementation is not compatible with CB 2.x and needs to be updated. displaytitle no longer exists in _comprofiler_fields since CB 2.0.0. displaytype has never existed in _comprofiler_fields, but did and continues to exist in _comprofiler_tabs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.578 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn