Error 'Sorry, no corresponding user was found'

5 years 2 weeks ago #311596 by jross
Hello I am using the latest version of Joomla3.9.4 and CB2.4.1
My problem is receiving the error message 'Sorry, no corresponding user was found' when trying to use the password recovery function.
This is despite the username being found with out problems by Joomla when entered in the Username field when entering both username and email before starting the password recovery.
(I have used all the CB user and database synchronisation tools by the way to see if this might help.)
Any ideas how to overcome this problem?
Thanks, JR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 weeks ago #311610 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in my tests. Does the username or email address contain any special characters?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 weeks ago #311620 by jross
Hi, thanks for the reply.
No nothing out of the ordinary and I have tried a few different accounts to see if the error repeats. It does.
I have attached screenshots to show what has been happening.
Attachments:

5 years 2 weeks ago #311631 by krileon
Is the account blocked? If it's blocked they can't recovery their password or even login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 weeks ago #311639 by jross
No, the account is not blocked. I’ve also tried a password recovery on my account and get the same error

5 years 2 weeks ago #311660 by krileon
Are you supplying the email address for the account you're trying to recover? You can't supply whatever email address you like. It must match the email address of the account. The "Sorry, no corresponding user was found" error only displays if the supplied email address does not match the email address on the account or the username doesn't exist.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.463 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn