[SOLVED] Need some general help

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #312025 by yumasan
[SOLVED] Need some general help was created by yumasan
I can't seem to find the options I'm looking for.
All of our registered users are set to user groups per standard joomla users group.
I've created a directory listing using the list management option of CB.
I've added to columns using the field management tool to show name, avatar, city and state.

2 things I want to do in addition.
I want to display the group each user is in by column.

I want to change heading that say there are 2 registered users to, there are 2 "staffers" in this level/group.
I don't want to create a brand new field called group, shouldn't CB be able to offer it as an option to be displayed?
Where am I missing it?

Please see attachments for clarity.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312045 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Need some general help

I want to display the group each user is in by column.

There's no field for doing that. It's typically not a good idea to expose a users ACL beyond a "are the a moderator or not?". If you still want to do this the best I can suggest is a Custom HTML field with IF substitutions against the usergroup or view access level to output what their access is. See the bottom of the below substitution tutorial for examples.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

I want to change heading that say there are 2 registered users to, there are 2 "staffers" in this level/group.
I don't want to create a brand new field called group, shouldn't CB be able to offer it as an option to be displayed?
Where am I missing it?

The count output only counts the number of users actually output. It has no idea if they're staff or not. At any rate it's a language string that you can override. See the below on how to override the language string.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-builder/240153-info-ablot-the-userlist#308887

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312048 by yumasan
Replied by yumasan on topic Need some general help
Thanks. On the first one, yeah, I'm not trying to show anyone's ACL. Just a group name, like group A group B. This shouldn't show any inclination of an ACL they have.
I will look into your suggestion, although it would seem like a more simple solution that should be a regular choice to display rather than custom HTML, but so be it. Thanks for that info!

The second one, yes, I realize it doesn't know staff level they are, how could it? I was looking for a text/language override as you noted.

Thanks again for the help!

4 years 11 months ago #312050 by yumasan
I think I'm still missing something. I was able to add the custom field, but it won't show anything.
I'm using this override [cb:if usergroup includes "Area"]Area Level[/cb:if]

Maybe I'm using the wrong type? putting in the wrong place?

I used a new field, text field and put this in the placeholder value of the display tab in the parameters tab.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

4 years 11 months ago #312052 by yumasan
I also tried as custom HTML with no luck.

4 years 11 months ago #312053 by yumasan
Got it!
Used the following code in custom HTML:
[cb:if usergroup includes "15"]Area[/cb:if]
[cb:if usergroup includes "16"]National[/cb:if]
[cb:if usergroup includes "17"]Regional[/cb:if]
[cb:if usergroup includes "14"]Advisory[/cb:if]
[cb:if usergroup includes "12"]Supervisor[/cb:if]

Woo Hoo!! Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon