[#7562] Logout redirection

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312404 by TheoSp
[#7562] Logout redirection was created by TheoSp
Hello,

I Wonder why the redirect location in login module under tap logout option does not work.
I want the logged out user to be redirected to the login page.
What should I put in the redirect field, a particular string, menu item or what?

Theo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312410 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Logout redirection
Works perfectly fine in my tests. Ensure you're supplying a non-SEF URL beginning with index.php. Next ensure you're logging out with that CB Login Module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312411 by TheoSp
Replied by TheoSp on topic Logout redirection
Thanks you.
I want to use menu item 'Logout' with id 1014 and have a redirect to Login menu id 1007 (see screen) which is an article including a load posCBLogin module.
When I put the link to the article (index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=312) then it just redirects to the homepage (index.php only).
Than what should I put in the redirect field of the logout option tab?

Theo
Attachments:

4 years 10 months ago #312424 by krileon
There's no logout redirect functionality for directly logging out via menu item. You could force it I suppose using CB Auto Actions and acting on onAfterUserLogoutSuccess trigger with a Redirect action. Have added a feature ticket to see if it'll even be possible to add the &return parameter to the logout menu parameters.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7562

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312425 by TheoSp
Replied by TheoSp on topic Logout redirection
But why does the redirect to the article not work?

4 years 10 months ago #312431 by krileon
The logout redirect URL in your CB Login Module does nothing for the logout menu item because you're not logging out through the module. Logout using your CB Login Module instead of your Joomla menu item and your logout redirect will work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn