moving users from joomla 2.5 to 3

4 years 9 months ago #312765 by okkhalid
moving users from joomla 2.5 to 3 was created by okkhalid
Hello, I'm currently using joomla 2.5 with community builder

I have build new site with joomla 3 and installed the latest version of community builder.

How I can remove all my users from the old site to the new site, can I export them and import them? please kindly guide. thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #312771 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic moving users from joomla 2.5 to 3

How I can remove all my users from the old site to the new site, can I export them and import them? please kindly guide. thanks

Ensure both sites have latest CB then use the Export/Import feature top right of CB > User Management above the users table. Alternatively you can use CB Juice as well. Tabs and Fields can also be exported and imported from their respective backend views.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #312774 by okkhalid
Replied by okkhalid on topic moving users from joomla 2.5 to 3
Thank you,

Will that also transfer their passwords.

4 years 9 months ago #312799 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic moving users from joomla 2.5 to 3
No, it does not export passwords. Each user imported will be given a randomly generated password. If you need a 1 for 1 migration it'd be better to just do that directly from your database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn