Language strings not working in Custom field Checkboxes

4 years 9 months ago #312894 by ahali
Hi,

I'm creating a multilingual website which has the CB installed. For the custom fields in the registration page I'm using language strings (set in language overrides). Titles of the custom fields translate fine, but in the values within the check box (multiple) the language strings are not recognized. Is there a way of making them work? I've tried to place the language string both in Value and in Label.

I hope you can help. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #312905 by krileon
Value is only displayed and sent through translations if Label is empty. Ideally you should be using language strings for Label. Example as follows.

Value: 1
Label: CHECKBOX_FIELD_OPTION_1

You'd then use a language override like the following.

Key: CHECKBOX_FIELD_OPTION_1
String: Option 1

Note if you're using [FIELD_NAME] substitutions to substitute a field in it will only ever display raw database stored values. Be sure to use [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] instead.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #312918 by ahali
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I've tried to do it as you said but it does not seem to work.
I've attached some screen shots of 1) Check box field value/label settings, 2) Language override settings, 3) Registration page.
As I said before, these language overrides work well with check box field titles but not in the labels within check boxes.
Note that I'm also using CB Profile Pro plugin. Not sure if that could effect this.
Attachments:

4 years 9 months ago #312935 by krileon
You're using Joomla language overrides. CB has its own language system. See the below regarding CB language overrides.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ahali

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn