CALL TO A MEMBER FUNCTION GET ()

4 years 5 months ago #315292 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic CALL TO A MEMBER FUNCTION GET ()
Hi we've noticed this error again. Upon further investigation, it is a certain instance that causes it.
Please do the following:
1. Try to edit your community builder password BUT misspell one of the passwords.
EX: Password = password | Verify Password = passsword (notice the extra "s") | Current Password = your current password

2. If that doesn't throw the error please try: Password = password | Verify Password = password | Current Password = MISSPELL THIS

Please let me know if there is a solution to this so the user isn't getting the error "CALL TO A MEMBER FUNCTION GET()", instead they're redirected back to the edit page with a message perhaps. Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #315298 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CALL TO A MEMBER FUNCTION GET ()
I am seeing no such issues in my test. Without the call stack or the full error I've no clue where that's coming from. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry to reproduce the error. Once done review your server error logs and provide the full error from the server error log. This will allow me to see where it's coming from exactly. That error typically happens when calling ->get on a $user variable that should be a user object, but for whatever reason isn't.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #315306 by wjgadmin
Hi, hopefully this is what you're looking for? I've enable errors and this is what is displayed when the error pops up:

Call to a member function get() on null

Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbsubsfieldstabsprotect/cbsubs.fieldstabsprotect.php:510
2 getcbfieldsprotectbysubTab->chngTabDisplay() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbsubsfieldstabsprotect/cbsubs.fieldstabsprotect.php:544
3 getcbfieldsprotectbysubTab->onAfterEditATab() JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php:885
4 cbPluginHandler->call() JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php:1298
5 cbPluginHandler->trigger() JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbTabs.php:769
6 cbTabs->getEditTabs() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php:170
7 HTML_comprofiler::userEdit() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:495
8 userSave() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:102
9 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
10 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
11 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:194
12 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:233
13 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196
14 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()

4 years 5 months ago #315312 by krileon
That's due to the below bug which has already been fixed in the latest CBSubs build. Please ensure CBSubs is up to date.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7737

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #315313 by wjgadmin
Most excellent. I did check our CBSubs backend before submitting this ticket and it showed we already had the latest version installed. Perhaps you released this as an update after?

If not, please advise as to why our backend didn't show us the update available?

Thank you for the resolution!

4 years 5 months ago #315314 by krileon
Assuming version checking is enabled you should see the version as red if out of date or green if up to date in CB > Plugin Management. The version check is cached for 24 hours. You can also check within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin > Install from Web. If unsure if you're up to date I suggest download and installing the latest CBSubs build manually to be sure, but given the line numbers you've provided your CBSubs install is out of date.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn