[SOLVED] Registration form menu item is not working when I change website language

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #314266 by titolin
Hello everyone,

I'm new to community builder and I would like to build something using it and I wish to contribute to it in the future whether by helping in translating to my language or by subscribing to paid subscription.. etc.

Now I'm stuck with the first issue I face.

My website is using 2 languages and everything is working perfectly except when I created a new menu item for the registration form to appear in the second language then when I browse it I get this error message:

0 - syntax error, unexpected ''SELECT_CB_FIELD_TO_SYNCHRONIZ' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING), expecting ')'

But for sure it's working perfect with the first language where it's English.

CB version 2.4.2+build.2019.09.04.15.43.19.0ccedd068
PHP 7.2
Database type: MySQL 5.7.27

Waiting for a good solution from you with many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #314295 by krileon
Sounds like the CB language plugin you're using has an error. Are you using a language plugin distributed by us? If so which one specifically so we can see if there's an error in its language key => string array. It looks like a language key is not surrounded by single or double quotes which will cause an error like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: titolin

4 years 7 months ago #314309 by titolin
Thank you very much Krileon

I use English (United Kingdom) en-GB, Italian (Italy) it-IT and Arabic (Unitag) ar-AA plugins.

The problem comes when I switch to Arabic language.

What's your recommendations ?

4 years 7 months ago #314315 by krileon

English (United Kingdom) en-GB

This isn't necessary as the default language is already English.

The problem comes when I switch to Arabic language.

I don't see any syntax errors in the Arabic (Unitag) ar-AA language plugin. Try redownloading from the localization page below then reinstalling it.

www.joomlapolis.com/localization

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: titolin

4 years 7 months ago #314316 by titolin

This isn't necessary as the default language is already English.

I realized that.

Try redownloading from the localization page below then reinstalling it.

Yes it solved the issue.. I still don't have any explanation what was wrong before.

Thanks a lot
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn