[SOLVED] Canvas should not display in user list

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314692 by kletterdorf
we want to use the canvas in the user profile - this works fine so far.
the only thing that troubles us at the moment is that there seems to be some kind of preview feature that we cannot turn off.
for example when someone with a canvas visits another profile, the user list gets much higher to allow space for the canvas and the avatar.
we only want the avatar to display in the list of users who visited the profile - can this somehow be achieved?
I have set the [value] in fields/canvas/parameters/layout to "[value] display:none;" but that only shows additional text underneath the canvas "display:none;"
Is there any way I can suppress showing the canvas in the user list? but continue showing it in the profile?

I have attached a screenprint of the current and the wanted state:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314704 by Astrid
Replied by Astrid on topic Canvas should not display in user list
Did you make changes? Normally canvas image is shown behind avatar.
Demo site:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 6 months ago #314709 by kletterdorf
Replied by kletterdorf on topic Canvas should not display in user list
you mean in the standard template? not that I am aware of.
we normally use a separate template, in the case of the screenprint I have used a new template (jf_connecto).
in our test environment I have switched to the standard template, and in the profile view the two fotos (canvas and avatar) appear like you have advised.
However, in the preview it still looks like in the screenprint.

Not sure if we are on the right path now - what you say suggests that something is wrong with the template, am I right?
Is there any way that I can alter the [value] to suppress displaying the canvas?

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314717 by Astrid
What do you mean by "preview"? Do you have the latest version of the plugin (3.2.0)?

4 years 6 months ago #314719 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Canvas should not display in user list
As far as I'm aware jf_connecto was never updated to be fully compatible with CBs latest template changes. I don't recommend using it. If you need a custom template you can use our CB Template Changer plugin which comes with a Template Builder feature to generate customized CB templates. There's only styling for canvas images on userlists if you're using a Grid layout for your userlist otherwise they just output normally as a standard image. If you don't want the canvas displayed on your userlist just don't include it in any columns of your userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314721 by Astrid
Is this related to user lists or cb last views tab? From your screenshots it looks like you are using the plugin cb last views tab.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.687 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn