Infinite redirection loop after login and logout

4 years 3 months ago #316030 by fkasyl
We have Joomla 3.9.14 and CB 2.4.2 - latest versions. Our website is using the CB login module for the user login. We are having a multilanguage config with german, english and arabic. Our website works finde. Most of the contents is availble without being logged in. The problem starts with the login process. Potentially after installation of Joomla 3.9.14, we are no longer able to with the page after login. After a few seconds, I get "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS". When checking the browser console, it shows that we are entering an infinite loop to:
.../component/comprofiler/userdetails.html?Itemid=172
The ID 172 corresponds to the Homepage/Startpage of the current language.
I am working on this for more than a day now and have tried lots of things including disabling certain CB plugins and the Joomla privacy package. We have not changed our configuration, so what could be the reason for this behavior? Any tipps?
Please let me know what other information is needed to troubleshoot.

I am an IT person, but I am not very familiar with Joomla.
We do not have a local installation of our Webpage, but we are working in the backend of the live system.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #316053 by krileon
For some reason it seams to be trying to redirect to the CB profile page with your home page menu item. Sounds like you don't have a Joomla menu item to CBs profile page available in every language. You either need to set CBs profile menu item to be available to all languages or have a menu item available for each language.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #316063 by fkasyl
Hmmh, we do not have the CB Profile menu item published at all, I do not get the point why it is redirecting (after successful login) to the 'userdetails' page (profile edit).
We are using the Community Builder login module on the public page. The module is available for all languages. For testing purposes, I have deactivated the CB login module and published the Joomla login module instead, which give the same result, infinite redirection loop to userdetails page.
Is it absolutely required the have a CB profile menu item? I am asking, because we have deactivated it for quite some time now without running into the error.

4 years 3 months ago #316077 by krileon
CB profile menu item is mandatory. One for all languages should've been created under the Menu Type of Community Builder. It doesn't need to be accessible via a Joomla menu module, but it must exist and is of course used for better SEF URLs since its menu alias can function.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #316089 by fkasyl
OK, no problem.
I still do not understand, why we are having the infinite redirection loop. Our CB login module does not have a special redirection defined.

4 years 3 months ago #316101 by krileon
You have a redirect of some kind trying to send them to their profile edit page, but the Itemid is trying to send them to the home page. This gets you stuck in a loop. It could be the terms and conditions verify consent feature within the CB system plugin if enabled in Extensions > Plugins, but beyond that we don't have anything that'd continue to send someone to profile edit unless reset password was toggled on for their user.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn